Test Date: 16 December 2012
Masters Degree or Bachelors Degree with 16 years of education in Business Administration/ Economics/ Finance/ Commerce/ IT related disciplines from universities/ institutes recognized by HEC or reputed foreign universities. The candidates having ACA, ACMA and ACCA qualification are also eligible to apply provided they have qualified all required papers/ modules.
Maximum 35 years as on the last date of submission of applications to SBP-BSC. Employees of SBP and its subsidiaries, possessing requisite qualification and experience, are eligible to apply without upper age limit.
The candidates must have minimum five years post-qualification experience in banking with at least three years in banking operations. They should also possess supervisory capability including a demonstrated track record of leading a team for achieving organizational objectives in banks/ financial institutions or large public/ private sector organizations.
* Candidates awaiting final results are not eligible to apply.
The candidates meeting the above eligibility criteria are required to register themselves with National Testing Service (NTS) for appearing in the written test.
Registration with NTS:
Interested eligible candidates shall register themselves with NTS as per following procedure:
- Application form and deposit slip is available at NTS website www.nts.org.pk.
- Click on "On Line Registration Form". Read the instructions carefully and register yourself by creating "new user" and fill the on line registration form.
- Take printout of form along with fee deposit slip.
- Deposit test fee of Rs.800/- through deposit slip at any online branch of HBL, MCB, UBL or ABL.
- Send application form along with original NTS copy of deposit slip, CNIC and 3 passport size photographs to NTS Headquarters, Islamabad not later than November 16, 2012.
- NTS/SBP-BSC will not be responsible for late receipt of applications sent through post. Applications submitted in person will not be entertained. Applications sent directly to SBP-BSC in contravention of the prescribed procedure will not be entertained.
- The candidates will be sent their admit cards by NTS at their postal address to appear for the written test to be held on December 16, 2012 in the major cities of country.
- NTS will upload the result at its website as well as send the result sheet to the candidates after announcement of result.
The candidates who qualify the written test conducted by NTS shall be eligible to subsequently apply for the post of Assistant Director (OG-3) at SBP-BSC. The candidates short listed on the basis of merit of written test and available number of vacancies will be invited for further evaluation including Group Discussion/ Interview before a Selection Board at SBP-BSC. Successful candidates will be selected in order of merit subject to observance of provincial/ regional/ other quotas as prescribed by the Government of Pakistan.
The selected candidates will be imparted up to six weeks training.
- The selected officers will be offered market competitive salary in the salary scale of OG-3. They will further be entitled to fringe benefits like medical facility for self, spouse and children, staff loans, telephone calls, Gratuity & Contributory Provident Fund.
Place of Posting:
The selected officers will be required to work in any department/ division at Head Office of SBP-BSC at Karachi or at any of its 16 Field Offices across the country.
After announcement of written test result by NTS, the eligible candidates who qualify NTS test may apply for the position of Assistant Director (OG-3) at SBP-BSC. The application form will be available at the Bank’s website www.sbp.org.pk or can be obtained free of cost from SBP-BSC Field Offices across the country after announcement of NTS test result. Duly filled in application form along with result sheet issued by NTS, attested copies of all educational documents, CNIC, domicile and 3 passport size photographs MUST reach the following address latest by January 8, 2013.
Personnel Management Department
State Bank of Pakistan
SBP Banking Services Corporation, Head Office
I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi
Please mark the envelope with the position applied for. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete/ delayed applications will not be entertained.
Misinformation and any attempt to influence the selection process will be considered a definite disqualification for current as well as for all future recruitments in the Bank, even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.